Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

We live in a forest

Not really but almost. It sure seems like that somedays.

We are blessed by owning an acre of land with tall mature trees, something that is very rare being minutes away from a major highway on the outskirts of a city.

We have trees that are green and sweet smelling, birds that are busy gathering food and other woodland creatures. This morning, I was sitting at the kitchen table waiting for my morning cofee to brew, listening to the sound of the coffee maker, smelling the coffee, but other sounds invaded my space. More pleasent sounds, birds. Many birds. Our cat heard them too

I had opened the sliding glass doors to the outside. I coud hear many birds singing their morning songs.

What peace.

Tweets and twitters, pleasent trills and music. How blessed I am. Some people cannot hear the birds. Not because they don't have them near their house, but because they never stop to listen.

The only thing better would be a deck to sit on. Then I could truly be in the middle. But if I were outside, would the birds stop?

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

I love listening to nature. Last nigh I sat on my front porch and watched the birds flying around. Two fat robins walked on my front lawn looking for worms. Always a good thing to stop and appreciate nature. :-)

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home