Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

To the end

My next story (see below) has given me such inspiration, it's amazing. I've plotted out other stories before but never felt such excitement as I have with this one. It's great! I am so ready to write. I have been doing research, writing out character bits, plot charts, etc. The creative juices are just flowing. I am soooo ready to write this next story!

Just one teensy problem. I promised myself I would finish my other historical first.

Darn...

Should I? I should, shouldn't I? I should finish one story before starting another. The funny thing about my other story is that it's all plotted. I know exactly what's going to happen in the next three chapters until the end. That's how close I am.

I'm not bored with my first historical. On the contrary, I think it's pretty good and I'm not sick of the characters yet. But I'm just not excited anymore.

So . . . If I finish my first historical, then as a reward, I can write this next one? (No title yet, just Lord Grey)

Maybe. . . and maybe not. Rene seems to write three stories at once. Can I write two?

3 Comments:

Blogger Rene said...

Well, the one catch for me is that I can't do two historicals at once. Right now I'm working on a contemporary paranormal, a straight historical and a contemporary erotica (the last one is fun, it may never get completed). Here' my suggestion. Write the first chapter of this new story. Don't go any further, but write the best first chapter you can. If it is that good, it will be there when you are ready to return and most likely will be the better story for it.

9:50 PM  
Blogger ~~Olivia said...

You're amazing, Rene!

I'm being urged to write three chapters and a synop to submit it to Harlequin. Maybe I will do just that much. I've got my plot, but I'm still looking for the story line, the action that drives the plot. I have to have my novel all plotted out before I can begin.

sigh...

I can do it, I can!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

Olivia, GO FOR IT! I worked on two historicals at once and loved it because I could switch back and forth when I'd get stuck on one.

Hope you can do the BIAW on the 14th!!!

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home