Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Monday, August 27, 2007

It was a hit


The bride did not know I was bringing a wedding cake. When I heard that she was "not having a big deal, not even a wedding cake," I heard my calling. I had to take her a cake, one that was not a big deal.

The hall was locked.... so I had to "fib" to get it opened. This was the funniest part of the whole weekend. The bride leaves in the morning and locks the hall, comes back later in the afternoon and finds a wedding cake all set up for her wedding... lol...

She knew it was me, though. Connie (bride) comes up to me and asked me point blank, "Did you bring the cake?" I couldn't lie and fessed up. But how had I gotten it into a locked hall? Hey... I have my ways....! LOL....

Really, no secret. The hall is the township community center and right next door to the township volunteer fire department. There was a guy working at the fire department so I went there. I told him I had a cake for the wedding. He called a woman who had the keys....

I decided against the plastic bride and groom on top. I don't know if you can tell, but the top is just cloth flowers, two sheer roses and a spray of other white flowers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cake! I love your story of having to get into the locked building!

And -- I can't imagine traveling with a wedding cake. It's amazing to me it made it.

Tracy

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home