Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No problem....

When someone thanks you, the proper response is "you're welcome". Why is that so difficult for people to say?

It seems the most popular response has been "No Problem".....

What's up with that...?

I hate that response (with a passion) because it shows just how ignorant a person is. Or more likely, that their parents did not teach them proper manners.... and they can't correct themselves.

I mean, really, do the words hurt coming out? No. So why can't anyone give the proper response?

I don't care about whether it was a problem or not. That is a very selfish answer. It is putting the focus back on the person who did the action and ignoring the speaker. "No problem" is brushing me off. I want my graditude to be respectfully acknowledged.

So, for all you college educated or otherwise educated people out there, have some common decency and use the polite words to acknowledge gratitude.

Say "You're Welcome!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home