Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Historical Romance

I am the only one who is tired of the same old "new" historical that has a young woman masquerading as a boy to either fool some old man or pick pockets on the street or work to save her family from poverty.

Of course, the hero is Lord Soandso who falls madly in love with the street urchin and makes her his lady. Add lots of sex in stupid places.

blah....

Is there no more Heyer type historical romances anymore?

The latest trend is paranormal historical romances. What's that? Vampires in the 19th century? I doubt if it's time travels. Those are hard sells.

Must be the return of ghosts or psychic powers.

Could I write one of those...? Better yet, do I want to write that? Do I want to read that?

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

If you don't like to read it, don't write it. That's my advice.

Write what you love to read. It's MUCH easier (and healthier!) that way. :-)

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home