Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Food Alergies

Newsweek this week has an article on food allergies. After I read the article, I wonder why more attention was not given to the question as to why so many more children lately have food allergies.

They mentioned some reason about how clean we've become, so the body is now attacking food instead of germs.

I believe food allergies develop because of an entirely different reason, lack of breastfeeding. I wonder how many of the allergic children in the story had been exclusively breast fed for at least six months? I would bet none. I would bet less than 10 percent had even been breast fed at all.

I see total irony in our consumer culture where parents try to buy the very best [[insert latest item here]] for their children but fail to give them something necessary for their entire life, good health. Good healthy children do not come from formula cans, but from breast feeding.

Oh, I know there are plenty of healthy children who had formula. But why would a parent "take a chance" that their child will be healthy on formula? Why not go for the known and feed their child the way nature intended.

And I also know there are some women who can't breastfeed, and those are a very small minority.

Women, please give your child the healthiest life possible, breast feed your babies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home