Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm so excited.....

I have been bouncing around this past week, bubbly and giddy like a fourteen year old with a note from a boy.

Why..??

Because I am going to the RWA National convention in San Francisco...!!!!

It gets better.... I am going to present a workshop at the National convention...!!!

Is that a reason to be giddy or what...!!!

I got the e-mail from National stating my workshop was accepted and I could not stop smiling for the rest of the day.

By day, I am an accountant. Yes, folks, bean counter, grey suits, the whole nine yards. Boring, boring boring. No wonder I write. I need a creative outlet.

But, I know tax law. Since my chapter knows how I make my real money, the members started asking me questions a few years back about taxes, like what to deduct and becoming a corporation. I put together an hour long workshop to explain some things. It was very well received. One member suggested I submit it to Nationals. She had never seen a workshop like mine before.

Last fall, I put together my proposal for "Taking the Mystery Out of Taxes" and submitted. A week ago, I got an e-mail telling me I had been accepted.

So, I registered for the conference. And now I searching for flights, booking a hotel room. Geez, I need new luggage, and a laptop..... lol... I could go on a buying spree...!!

But, convention is six months away..... cool it.... I've got plenty of time.

If you are at National convention, stop by before, during or after my workshop to say "hi".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home