Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Personal Goals

I have had a professional goal for many many years, more than ten years. Somewhere along the way, my day job changed and the goal changed. It more than changed, it just didn't matter anymore. Last year, an outside force made me rethink that goal and brought it to the top of my list. This past month, I achieved my long-time goal for my profession. I have been celebrating my achievement.

Which made me think about my writing goals. I have a half finished manuscript that s*cks. Would I ever change the plot and make it better? Maybe. I have another manuscript that has been rejected by too many editors. Would I continue to shop it? Probably not. My third manuscript is my WIP. What is my goal for the WIP? To have it published by a NY publisher. Can I achieve it? Yes. ... okay... maybe.

But just because NY publisher is very difficult to get, doesn't mean it's impossible. I can achieve it. Just like I acheived my professional goal from years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home