Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Noise ! ! !

I hate noisy fireworks!!

It's 9:30 at night and I am trying to get my boys to bed and someone in the neighborhood is lighting firecrackers. How in the h3ll are we supposed to sleep with such noise going on? It's summertime and the windows are open. No, we don't have air conditioning.

Every year it's the same noisy crap. For about a month, the neighborhood goes nuts with firecrackers, M-80s, Kat bombs, and other crap I've never even heard of. And the only objective of these dangerous, illegal (did I mention that this sh!t was illegal) crap is to make NOISE!!! Until 2 or 3 in the morning!!!!

Don't bother calling the police. The perpetrators all hide it and deny everything when a cop car trolls by. The cops don't care. Yeah, they're all busy with real crimes like bank robbers (Ha ha ha...) They're really late for donuts at Beaners.

So we have to put up with noisy crap all night long, every night, for a month.

And they don't stop on July 4. Oh no. the noise continues for a week after that.

I need to get even. I need to buy my own firecrackers and light them at 5:30 in the morning in front of their house.... if I can figure out who is doing it.

As I am writing this, I am thinking of all the ways to get revenge. If I find the houses that are doing it, I need a camcorder to record them. Maybe that'll make them stop. Or, I can park my car in front and lay on the horn while their lighting them. A big spotlight. Hmm.... I wonder how much it is to rent a big spotlight? Imagine that. Three or four cars blaring their horns with a big spotlight turned on their sky to ruin the display. Shit... I am laughing so hard....

Don't get me wrong. I love fireworks.... for a half hour display. Then stop it. Not hours and hours and days and days of noise noise noise noise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

Fireworks are a pain - my dogs go flippin' nuts around the 4th of July. Well, okay. One goes nuts and chases them, the other cowers in the garage. *grin*

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home