Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Monday, July 28, 2008

SFO Day 1






We got in today and the hotel is huge.. like rooms and floors and people everywhere. It’s a bit overwhelming for a simple girl like me.

The rooms themselves are a disappointment, though. I’ve had bigger, more plush rooms at the Holiday Inn. There is no place to stash the suitcases. The floor of the closet is taken up by the in-room safe (extra fee). The desk is full of snacks to buy. There are only two dresser drawers. We don’t even get two chairs for the table. We have one desk chair and another “easy” chair.

Yes, but we are in San Francisco, downtown by Market and Third. I can see a Starbucks from the hotel window and there is another one in the Lobby.

After we checked in, we walked around the area a bit. The city is vibrant and active. Lots of hustle and bustle. Many people walking around, buses zooming by, car, bicyclists. If it was a mode of transportation, it was on the streets.


I took a few pictures of the Market Street area.


And we went down to Fisherman's Wharf.


Sorry about the pictures not going in the right places, but I have never figured out how to do that.


Tomorrow is our big sight-seeing adventure.




3 Comments:

Blogger Rene said...

We're taking off this afternoon and should arrive tomorrow afternoon. Hope I see you.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay mom!!!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

woo, got my gmail account for "business" ann.m.garey@gmail.com
I wanted one with my name in it and not numbers

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home