Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Workshop



I have completed my commitment to the RWA by presenting my workshop yesterday afternoon. I had a room big enough to hold 120 people and I had about 20 people in the audience. Taxes must be ultra boring... or the time slot of 4:30 on Friday afternoon discouraged people.

But, I don't get paid by the person and I didn't choose the time. I did my part by informing the audience of my topic.

Done...

Then we went to dinner. My roomie, Rita, brother-in-law, Bob, and I caught a street car to Fisherman's Wharf for dinner. We ate at Boudins. We all ordered fish and all agreed it was excellent. I have to go back Sunday morning to buy a loaf of sourdough bread to take home.

After dinner, we walked down to Pier 39, one of the famous piers on the Wharf. I was ~forced~ into seeing the sea lions.... Rita insisted that to have the full San Francisco experience, I had to see them.

They were... animals on docks.. um... and not exciting at all.

I guess the excitement is that the sea lions are wild. They are not in cages. They naturally come into the bay and congregate at the pier and the docks. All the tourists come to ooh and aah over them and snap endless pictures.

I was more thrilled with the view of the city. You could look back at the city on the hill and see all the buildings lit up for the night. That was beautiful!

Of course we had to walk through the shopping area and look at the endless tourist shops. Very typical tourist fare, jewelry, art, candy, chocolate, souvenirs, etc. And of course, we had to stop and buy somethings. We are tourists in San Francisco, you know. I bought salt-water taffy for the family and sugar-free chocolate fudge for me.

(To hubby: I might have some left when I get home, sweetie, but no promises. It's very yummy!)

We road the streetcar again back to the hotel. Riding the streetcars puts you in ... uh... close proximity with the public. Many times closer than you really want to be. On the way out to dinner, one man on the car was loud and obnoxious and not playing with a full deck. On the way back, the car was just packed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home