Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday at RWA







The first pic is me all dressed for the day.

Today was the Opening Session with motivational speaker/entertainer Theresa Behenna. She talked about how change can be good and if a door closes through a rejection, another one might open.

Next was the Annual General Meeting. We did not have a quorum present either with live bodies or with proxies, so the “meeting” did not take place. We had a gathering instead, I guess. After presenting the secretary minutes and treasurer’s report, the members were invited to speak.

Some members did make comments about various actions the board had taken in the past, like contest categories and eligibility for PAN membership. Some one also commented on the difficulty she had registering for the conference and using the website.

Next was the Keynote Luncheon with Victoria Alexander. She was wonderful and made us laugh hysterically at ourselves. Rita finalist, Julianne MacLean sat at my table.

The workshops started and I sat for two. I got slightly nervous thinking about my own workshop tomorrow. It was spooky. I have not been nervous at all. I’ve given the spiel three times. I know my content upside down and backwards.

But, for some reason, sitting in that first workshop, made me realize how real this all was. I was on stage tomorrow, up front, with information to impart, to knowledge-seeking attendees. Tomorrow, I’m the expert.

Sorry that some pictures are fuzzy. It's difficult to get a good picture in the low light.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~~Olivia said...

If you can't post on my blog, send comments to my email, ms.olivia.charles at gmail.com

And of course replace the "space at space" with "@"

9:34 PM  
Blogger Jude said...

Hey Olivia:

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences and pics. It really helps bring the conference alive.

jude
Blogging National

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, oh! See you got two of our best buds, Terri Medeiros and Vicki Lewis T, at the signing! Aren't they like the sweetest people ever? Love, love, love 'em.

Gawd, I'm so jealous I could scream. We stayed home to write, but we don't seem to be getting much of that done. Mostly 'cause we're wondering what everyone's up to in San Fran every five minutes. Ugh!!!!

By the way, Barb, you look absolutely marvelous!!! How much weight have you lost? Looks good on you, babe.

Thx for giving us a daily fix!

Back to work...

Sigh.

xoxo

Lori & Tony :> ;>

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home