Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Quick post

Just a quick post from vacation-land. I am sitting in the library ~er.. "infozone"... of the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. Three of the four boys have deserted me and the remaining one is sitting next to me playing an internet computer game while I check my mail and blogs.

I am amazed at the speed of the internet service! My dial-up crawls compare to the hyper-speed of this computer. Of course, the downside is that I have five kids standing behind me, breathing down my neck waiting for me to get off.

[[pause in typing to give the evil eye to the kids reading over my shoulder]]

Vacations are great. Sleeping in, swimming, spending money recklessly... what a way to live. I'm glad I don't do it all the time. Tomorrow we go to the lake.

I have discovered that there is a serious flaw in my gothic manuscript. . . . it needs a story. I have a great ending with all the intricate web of deceit to reveal. but I need to go from the first stalking event (the beginning) past the murder (body on the stairs that disappears) to the climax, (FBI agents storming the house to save our heroine from the villian). I can't seem to creat a story for this plot. Maybe I need to concentrate on the romance story first and weave the action around the romance.

Hey. . . maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to write action and I should be writing romance.

~~And maybe our herione can save herself and hold the gun on the villian while waiting for the FBI~~

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Amateis said...

Glad you're having a great vacation! Enjoy!!!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home