Name:

I am a romance writer trying to get noticed in the market. I write inspirational and sweet historic romance. I love Regency England and most of my stories are set during that time period, 1800 to 1820.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Real Magic of Harry Potter

Did you hear it? You have to be real quiet. There! A page of a book was turning. And there. . . I hear a chuckle.

Isn't it amazing how one author can turn a nation (world) of movie fanatics into readers of books? Applause and cheers for J.K. Rowling and her Harry Potter series. Not only are children fascinated with her characters, but adults as well. I admit it; I have read the books many times.

I am reading The Half Blood Prince very slowly so I can savor the book. The last two I devoured in hours and missed too much of Rowling's writings to enjoy it. I compare it to gulping a gormet meal to get to the dessert. I will savor every bite or this book, taste every morsel, swirl it on my palate and swallow slowly.

My two older boys have read it all and are being very quiet about the outcome and I thank them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rene said...

My son is reading it right now. He won't stop talking about it. I finally had to yell at him to knock it off. As it was, I was sitting on the couch and accidentally opened it to a chapter that revealed the big dramatic moment.

I can't wait to read it. My son seems to be really enjoying it. I think Rowling deserves all the kudos she gets. I also think she has regenerated interest in reading for kids and opened the door to some other fantastic writers. The downside being children's books seem to be more expensive than adult books.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving this book. My daughter already inhaled it, in two nights!!!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home